• 60ml/4tbsp sunflower oil
• 25g/1oz unsalted cashews
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
• 1 red chilli, deseeded
• 75g/3oz fresh coriander
• juice of 1 lime
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the cashews and garlic and cook over a low heat until the nuts are pale golden.
2. Transfer to a food processor and whizz to a paste. Now add the chilli and coriander to the food processor and pulse until a thick, fairly chunky paste forms. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Stir in the lime juice, and a little water to loosen the mixture slightly, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Once made, cover the pesto with clear film and refrigerate until required. It will keep in a the fridge for upto 1 week.
Stir it into curries just before serving, or toss into cooked noodles with a few cooked prawns.