• 1 medium pineapple
• 2 tbsps brown sugar
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter, softened
• 1 tbsp dark rum
• Handful fresh mint, finely sliced
• 10 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
• 1 tsp mixed spice
• Vanilla ice cream to serve
1. Cut the tops off the pineapples and set aside some of the leaves for garnishing later. Carefully peel of the skin with a serrated knife and cut off the bottoms. Slice into 4, 1 inch thick circles, then with an apple corer remove the core of each round of pineapple.
2. Together place the brown sugar, butter, mint, basil and mixed spice into a small saucepan and melt together. Bring to the boil for 1-3 mins or until syrupy then set aside.
3. Heat a griddle until it gets so hot it begins to smoke. With a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of the sauce onto each piece of pineapple and griddle in 2 batches for 4-5 mins on each side or until the pineapple rings are slightly charred.
4. Serve 2 rings per person with a drizzle of the hot fudgey sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.