• 1 pint chicken stock, fresh preferably, but bottled or cubed is fine
• 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled
• 1 star anise
• Cinnamon stick
• 2 tbsps fish sauce
• 1 chicken breast
• 100g wide rice noodles
• 50g bean sprouts
• 2 spring onions, sliced
• Bunch fresh coriander
• Bunch fresh mint
• 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Place the stock, ginger, star anise, cinnamon stick, fish sauce and chicken breast into a sauce pan and slowly bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and leave to poach for 5-8 mins. Remove the chicken breast and leave to rest for 5 mins, then shred.
2. Place the rice noodles in a bowl then cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 5-10 mins depending on the packs instructions then drain.
3. Split the noodles between two bowls. Strain the stock then split between both bowls. Top each bowl with the shredded chicken, beansprouts, spring onions, coriander and mint and serve with a wedge or 2 of lime