• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 tbsp hazelnuts, chopped
• Juice from 1 lime
• Juice from 1 mandarin
• Salt and pepper
• 100g smoked salmon tzar fillet, (whole fillet of smoked salmon)
• 1 Granny smith apple, cored and finely sliced
• 1 fennel bulb, halved then finely sliced
• 6-7 leaves of dill
• Small bunch flat leaf parsley, pick the whole leaves from the stems
• 6-8 pink peppercorns, crushed
1. Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan, add the hazelnuts and toast until golden. Add the lime and mandarin juice and bring to the boil until the juice has reduced by half. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Leave to cool.
2. To make the salad, finely slice your smoked salmon tzar fillet width ways to produce small rectangles of smoked salmon. Slice around 18 slices and lay 8 fanned in a circle on each plate.
3. Place the sliced apple, fennel, dill leaves and parsley leaves in a salad bowl. Pour over the dressing and mix thoroughly. Lay half of the salad in the centre of the circle of smoked salmon and repeat with the other plate. Sprinkle the pink peppercorns between each plate and serve.