• 3 large eggs
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• a knob of butter
• 30ml/2tbsp snipped fresh chives
• 30ml/2tbsp snipped fresh basil
• 30ml/2tbsp chopped fresh curly parsley
• 50g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
1. Beat the eggs with salt and pepper and a dash of cold water. Add half the herbs. Melt the butter in a medium non-stick frying pan and when it's sizzling, pour in the egg mixture.
2. Cook over a medium heat for 30 seconds or so, then use a wooden spatula to push the cooked egg to the centre of the pan allowing the runny egg to fill the space. Repeat until there is no runny egg left. Cook for a further 30 seconds by which time the base should be golden and the top just set.
3. Scatter over the herbs and cheese, then use the spatula to fold the omelette and transfer to a warm plate. Serve straight away.