• 2 large beef tomatoes
• 175g/6oz cherry tomatoes,
• 100g/4oz sun dried tomatoes in oil
• 1 (20g) pack flat leaf parsley
• 25g/1oz fresh basil leaves
• 1 red onion, finely sliced
• 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
• 30ml/2tbsp balsamic vinegar
• pinch of sugar
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 (125g) buffalo mozzarella
1. Remove the core from the large tomatoes, then roughly chop the flesh into bite sized pieces. Place in a large serving dish. Half the cherry tomatoes; quarter the sun dried tomatoes then add both to the bowl.
2. Roughly chop the parsley and half the basil leaves and scatter over the tomatoes along with the red onion.
3. Finely chop the remaining basil and place in a small bowl. Add the oil, vinegar and sugar and whisk with a fork to make a dressing. Season to taste. Drizzle the herb dressing over the tomato mixture and toss well to mix.
4. Tear the mozzarella into pieces and scatter it over the tomato and herb salad. Serve straight away with crusty bread.