• 1 (225g) chorizo piccante sausage, chopped
• 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 1 (15g) pack fresh rosemary, chopped
• 2.5ml/½ tsp dried chilli flakes
• 150ml/¼pt red wine
• 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
• 30ml/2tbsp tomato puree
• 225g/8oz spaghetti
• 50g/2oz pitted kalamata olives, torn in two
• 1 (20g) pack flat leaf parsley
• rocket basil and parsley leaves to serve as a salad
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil for the pasta. Meanwhile heat another large pan, add the chorizo and cook over a low heat for 3-4 mins until the oil has run out the sausage. Discard all but 30ml/2tbsp of the chorizo oil.
2. Remove the leaves from the rosemary stalks and finely chop. Add the onion, garlic and rosemary and cook for 3 mins. Add the chilli, wine, tomatoes and puree and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer for 5 mins, then uncover and simmer for a further 5 mins.
3. Add the spaghetti to the boiling salted water, return to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins or until ’al dente’. Drain well and add to the sauce in the pan.
4. Add the olives and parsley to the spaghetti and toss until well mixed. If liked toss the leaves together with a little olive oil and serve alongside the pasta as a salad.